Palma de Mallorca, is the capital city of the Spanish island “Mallorca” (aka Majorca). It’s famous for its beautiful beaches, mountain cliffs with a mesmerizing sea view, historic sites and nightlife. Palma is definitely the destination for backpackers, budget to average travellers, who are interested in exploring history, hiking, and enjoying beach activities.
The Mallorca island is full of marvelous destinations that you, as a traveller, can include in your trip. Examples of these destinations are:
- Cala Maioris
- Cap del Formentor
- Faro del Formentor
- Talaia D’albercutx
- Cala Del Moro
- Cala Domingos
- Es Pontas
- Cuevas del drach
- Colònia De Sant Jordi
- Cala Santanyi
- Playa De cala Ferera
- Playa de Cala Millor
- Buses and undergrounds are the cheapest transportation, but you can use a taxi to cruise the city. Just negotiate the price before you ride.
- Don’t drink tap water.
- There are many public beaches and coves. Don’t miss any of them, since they differ in their style. Some are busy, some are rocky, some have restaurants or cafes for a drink or dinner at the sunset.
- You will always find a tree to use its shades in the sunny days.
Average Daily Cost
It's Your Turn, Now!
Check out this video for a full tour of Palma and the surrounding sites.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5tXVGSdwtQ
Full guide to Mallorca island: https://www.mallorca.org/en/
All important numbers: https://www.mallorca.org/en/emergency-numbers.html
- Cathedral of Mallorca Image by Nicole Pankalla from Pixabay
- Caló De Sant Antoni (decorative image)Photo by Chedi Tanabene from Pexels
- Badia Blava: PercyGermany™ from Flickr
- Plaza Mayor Sergei Gussev from Flickr
- Cala Xinxell : @laplayeraN1 from Flickr
- Far del Cap Blanc: Attila Marosi from Pexels
- Playa Palmanova: Image by Walkerssk from Pixabay
- Castell de Bellver : Dirk Vorderstraße from Flickr
- Royal Palace of La Almudaina: Norbert Banhidi from Flickr
- Palma Aquarium: David Brookes from Flickr
- Puerto de Palma de Mallorca Víctor Gómez from Flickr