Barcelona is one of the most magical cities in Spain, where history and art are reflected in every corner and every street. Other than having one of the largest football stadiums, and one of the most famous football clubs in the world, Barcelona is also famous for its magical beaches, vivid plazas, and Catalan architect.
Barcelona is a seaside city that lies at the north-east of Spain. It is close to South France, which can be your second destination after Barcelona, if you intend to explore beyond Spain’s borders. If not, then you can explore the cities nearby, like; Valencia, Madrid, and Mallorca island.
- Barcelona is a part of an autonomous community “Catalonia”.
- There’s a debate about the best time to visit this city, but generally speaking, it depends mainly on your goals behind the visit. For example, if you’re aiming to enjoy the beach, then summer is the best time, but if you want to attend one of the city’s remarkable events, then don’t miss La Mercé festival at the end of September.
- The common language in Barcelona is Cataln, rather than Spanish, but most people know Engish.
- It’s crowded and loud. Barcelona is one of the most populated cities in the Union.
- Art and History are reflected everywhere in the streets and buildings, so if you like photography, you’ll definitely enjoy.
- Make sure to make reservations for the weekends, as restaurants are heavily crowded.
- Tapas, Motorcycles, and Gravity are EVERYWHERE!
- Unlike many cities, no tips are expected in Barcelona. Awesome right?
Average Daily Cost
It's Your Turn, Now!
Local experience and tips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKFxveIWkKM
A local travel service customized only for Barcelona: https://www.barcelona.com/
Emergency numbers: https://www.barcelona.de/en/barcelona-emergency-assistance.html
- La Sagrada Familia: Photo by Enrico Perini from Pexels
- Park Güell: bearfotos from Freepik
- Gothic Quarter: Naval S from Flickr
- La Rambla, Barcelona: Image by andriusm from Pixabay
- Mercado de La Boqueria : Carlos M. M. from Flickr
- Montjuïc Castle: David Curry from Flickr
- Plaça de Catalunya: dconvertini from Flickr
- Font Màgica de Montjuïc: Ronny Siegel from Flickr
- Cathedral of Barcelona Alex Watson from Flickr
- Ciutadella Park Image by Montse Sanchiz Bosch from Pixabay
- La Barceloneta beach: Aina Vidal from Flickr
- Palau de la Música Catalana: Tom Hilton from Flickr
- Camp Nou Image by puppet from Pixabay
- Museu del Futbol Club Barcelona: Magdalena from Flickr
- Mirador de Colom: Z0rc from Flickr
- Tibidabo Image by WeLoveBarcelona_de from Pixabay
- Museu Picasso de Barcelona: Moheen Reeyad from Flickr
- Paella: Philippe Gama from Flickr
- Bombas: taziana from Flickr
- Pa amb Tomàquet: Jennifer Woodard from Flickr
- Escalivada: Boca Dorada from Flickr
- Crema Catalana: lifeforstock from Freepik
- Suizo: Maria Ziesche from Flickr
- Turrón and horchata: Image by kytrangho from Pixabay
- Mascarpone croissant: Photo by Mariana Kurnyk from Pexels
- Fideuá: Marcela Escandell from Flickr