Bali is one of the most beautiful destinations in the whole world. It’s known for the dazzling nature and vivid culture in it’s buildings, stores and living style. Being relatively cheaper than other destinations having the same beauty, Bali makes a perfect place for explorers, backpackers, travel bloggers, and honeymooners.
- A “warung” is the common term used for restaurants, which means a family owned restaurant.
- Don’t forget to try the Balinese Coffee and Kunyit Asam drink, which is basically made of turmeric and lime.
- Don’t step on “Canang Sari”. These are offerings, placed at doorsteps of stores and restaurants to thank God.
- Avoid the Balinese wine. It’s very cheap, but very strong.
- Tap water isn’t for drinking.
- Bikes are very common there and saves time. You can rent a bike, but driving is very challenging, so it’s better to use apps like Grab & Go Jek.
- You might need adapters and converters to operate your devices.
- Indonesian rupiahs have a lot of zeros, so make sure you’re paying the right amount.
- The country code for Indonesia is +62 and the area code for all of South Bali is (0)361 (incl. Gianyar, Ubud). If you have a mobile with Local SIM dial first 0361 (South Bali). If you have International SIM dial first+62 361. If you’re calling from a landline dial directly the emergency number.
Average Daily Cost
It's Your Turn, Now!
- Top places to visit: https://theculturetrip.com/asia/indonesia/articles/20-must-visit-attractions-in-bali/
- Best foods: https://theculturetrip.com/asia/indonesia/articles/10-traditional-balinese-dishes-you-need-to-try/
- A detailed guide about traveling to Bali: https://youtu.be/ldIrLjcF7-c
- Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary: Indrajit Gahlot from Flickr
- Agung Rai Museum of Art: Jean-Marc Astesana from Flickr
- Ubud Palace: DavideGorla from Flickr
- Goa Gajah: MircK from Flickr
- Tegallalang Rice Terraces: McKay Savage from Flickr
- Seminyak Beach: Marco Vannozzi from Flickr
- Uluwatu Temple: Wojciech Korzeniowski from Flickr
- Dream Museum Zone Bali: msminx00 from Flickr
- Ground Zero Memorial: Feinie from Flickr
- Museum Le Mayeur: Putu Ariawan from Flickr
- Bajra Sandhi Monument: ILandGuide Worldwide from Flickr
- Mt Batur: mgphotography.uk from Flickr
- pura gunung kawi: Rudi Adhi Putra from Flickr
- Tegenungan Waterfall: David from Flickr
- Gili Islands: Anya from Flickr
- Lembongan island: Elrentaplats from Flickr
- Photo by Timur Kozmenko from Pexels
- Padang bulia: Hugo van den Bos from Flickr
- Circus Water Park photo source: Circus Water Park Website
- Babi Guling: Demanfest from Flickr
- Fish Head Soup: kitoi from Flickr
- Satay: Darrell Yang from Flickr
- Nasi CampurNasi Jinggo: h3ndryco from Flickr
- Betutu: Yau Chan Ho from Flickr
- Lawar: Cooking SoftwareOz from Flickr
- Bubur Mengguh: klipingresep from Flickr
- Urab: Putu Trisna Dewi from Flickr